The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR or “The Regulation”)represents the most sweeping data protection regulation to come into force in the past 20 years. The Regulation greatly expands the definition of personal data to include machine-readable information that is linked or linkable to an identified or identifiable person. Examples include IP or email addresses, browser cookies, GPS and other geo-location data, and RFID tags.
Knowing where personal data is stored on your network and clouds, especially in both structured and unstructured formats, is critical for both protecting the data and alsofollowing through on requests to correct and erase personal data through the GDPRrequirements. With Spirion’s sensitive data management platform, your organization can:
• Accurately inventory and map all relevant GDPR data
• Identify and prioritize gaps in GDPR compliance
• Minimize how much private data you’re storing
• Remove duplicative information
• Protect files according to specific classifications
• Monitor and audit user activity
• Detect and manage risky behavior
• Assess maximum exposure versus what’s being protected
To read the full whitepaper please fill in the form below
The largest data protection, privacy and security event of 2020, now available on-demand!
Featuring four whole days of keynote sessions, panel debates, and an opportunity to network and chew over all things data-related through discussions in public boards and virtual booths, PrivSec Global is now available to watch on-demand.
You can access the content from all four days, by registering for access to our PrivSec Global platform below.
We have been awarded the number 1 GDPR Blog in 2019 by Feedspot.