The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR or “The Regulation”)represents the most sweeping data protection regulation to come into force in the past 20 years. The Regulation greatly expands the definition of personal data to include machine-readable information that is linked or linkable to an identified or identifiable person. Examples include IP or email addresses, browser cookies, GPS and other geo-location data, and RFID tags.
Knowing where personal data is stored on your network and clouds, especially in both structured and unstructured formats, is critical for both protecting the data and alsofollowing through on requests to correct and erase personal data through the GDPRrequirements. With Spirion’s sensitive data management platform, your organization can:
• Accurately inventory and map all relevant GDPR data
• Identify and prioritize gaps in GDPR compliance
• Minimize how much private data you’re storing
• Remove duplicative information
• Protect files according to specific classifications
• Monitor and audit user activity
• Detect and manage risky behavior
• Assess maximum exposure versus what’s being protected
To read the full whitepaper please fill in the form below
Registration now OPEN for PrivSec Global
Taking place across four days from 30 Nov to 3 Dec, PrivSec Global, will be the largest data protection, privacy and security event of 2020.
Reserve your place today and gain access to the entire event free of charge. With all sessions available to view live or on-demand, you can build a personalised agenda based on your key focus topics and make the event fit around your work schedule.
We have been awarded the number 1 GDPR Blog in 2019 by Feedspot.