Tomorrow in central London, delegates and experts come together at Brexit Briefing to debate data protection at a make-or-break time for British business.
As talks to break the Brexit stalemate continue, potential for a no-deal scenario puts a question mark over action that organisations need to take ensure compliant data handling after March 29th.
Brought to you by Data Protection World Forum, Brexit Briefing will scrutinise the core compliancy issues that companies face, whatever challenges lie ahead on the political landscape.
Featuring keynote talks and panel discussions, Brexit Briefing will examine:
- The current political landscape & implications of a no-deal Brexit
- Cross-border transfers of personal data
- Article 27: Appointing an EU representative
- Cyber-security implications through a Brexit lens
- Exit regulations, what they mean for controllers and processors
- Brexit & data protection from an EU perspective
Our roster of guest speakers comprises leading media commentators, business leaders and official figures, including:
- Ivana Bartoletti, Head of Privacy and Data Protection at Gemserv
- Linda Bazant, Barrister, Brexit & GDPR Consultant at LRB Consult Limited
- Kwame Opoku-Addo, Business Change Analyst at Government Legal Department
- Eleonor Duhs, Director at Fieldfisher, privacy and information law
- Abigail Dubiniecki, Data Privacy Specialist at My InHouse Lawyer
Ivana Bartoletti, says:
“As discussions in parliament are still ongoing, it is important for businesses to prepare for any possible scenario, including a no deal.
“The Information Commissioner Office has published some very detailed advice and the event will help organisations digest them, understand how
“Brexit will impact their data sharing arrangements and gain practical knowledge of how to ensure business continuity.”
Don’t miss this unique and final opportunity to understand business compliancy obligations as a new chapter in UK politics and data regulation begins.
Event details: Brexit Briefing
Where: 1 America Square, 17 Crosswall London
When: Wednesday 6th March, opening remarks begin at 9:00am
European Data Protection Summit will take place on June 3rd in Central London and will play host to 800 DPO’s, Security Professionals and senior business decision makers looking for; information, updates, clarity, advice and solutions. For more information, visit the website.
We have been awarded the number 1 GDPR Blog in 2019 by Feedspot.