Due to the wide reaching nature of the public sector there is a natural requirement for services and enterprises to hold large amounts of data for a sustained period of time. Much of the data collected in the public sector falls into the category of sensitive data, which often carries a different set of even more stringent regulatory rules and restrictions.
The Public Sector Conference at the Data Protection World Forum will focus on the issues that are at the top of the agenda for compliance professionals in the public sector. It aims to equip public sector professionals with the necessary tools and knowledge to navigate the regulatory landscape of data protection and privacy.
Taking place over two days, on the 20th and 21st of November 2018, the event will be host to a wide range of speakers in the data protection and privacy space. Experts will deliver in-depth and interactive sessions looking at the various challenges the sector has faced since GDPR came into effect on 25th May. Throughout the conference, there will also be some focus on the different areas of the public sector and the specific issues on GDPR compliance, from schools, local authorities, government and the NHS.
- Andrew Gould, Detective Superintendent, National Cybercrime Programme Lead at National Police Chiefs’ Council
- Iain Bradley, Head of Data Modernisation, Department of Education (DfE)
- Nicola McKilligan-Regan, Senior Partner, Privacy Partnership
- Dr Murat Soncul, Head of Information Governance, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Dave Parsons, Information Governance Manage, Cardiff Council
- James Palmer, Head of Data Governance, Southern Water
The inaugural Data Protection World Forum (DPWF) will be held on November 20th & 21st 2018 at the ExCeL London which will provide a broader focus across the data protection and privacy space amidst the progressive tightening of global data protection laws.
Ahead of the end of year event, DPWF has launched a series of intensive workshops.
Further information on the DPWF and workshop details are available at: https://www.dataprotectionworldforum.com/