Věra Jourová, the European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality will speak at the Data Protection World Forum (DPWF).
The landmark data protection conference and exhibition will be held on 20th and 21st November 2018 at the ExCeL London and will be attended by a global audience of data protection and privacy practitioners, C-Suite executives and senior business decision-makers.
Commissioner Jourová has played an instrumental role in reshaping data protection and ensuring the swift adoption of the EU data protection reform which came into effect on 25th May.
The commissioner has also negotiated internationally for the protection of EU citizens data. Yesterday, the European Commission and Japan successfully agreed to create the world’s largest area of safe data flows. They agreed to recognise each other’s data protection systems as ‘equivalent’, which will allow data to flow safely between the EU and Japan.
In addition, the commissioner negotiated the Privacy Shield, a data protection framework to ensure that private companies such as Facebook and Google and public organisations such as the American security forces cannot misuse personal data sent from Europe across the Atlantic.
Taking place six months after the 25th May GDPR deadline, the two-day conference will feature six conference streams, two masterclass rooms, and one keynote theatre, in addition to a round-table agenda; all delivered by the world’s leading data protection and privacy experts.
The event will host over 100 leading subject matter experts including;
- Sir Rob Wainwright, Senior Cyber Partner at Deloitte, and former Executive Director of Europol
- Marloes Pomp, Head of Blockchain Projects, Dutch Government
- Jamie Bartlett, Author, and Journalist of the Dart Net and BBC 2 series on Silicon Valley
- Russell Marsh, Managing Director of Accenture
- Chiara Rustici, Independent EU Privacy, and GDPR Analyst
- Nicola McKilligan Regan,Senior Partner, Privacy Partnership
- Nirvana Farhadi, Global Head, Regtech, Risk & Regulatory Compliance Affairs
- Paul Nemitz, General for Justice and Consumers, European Commission
- Steve Wright, Data Privacy & ISO, John Lewis Partnership
Nick James, Founder of Data Protection World Forum, said:
“We are delighted to have Ms Jourová speak at Data Protection World Forum. Ms Jourová has played a key role in implementing the GDPR and putting data protection rights to the forefront, not only in Europe, but on a global scale too.
For more information on the event, please visit the website.
The inaugural Data Protection World Forum (DPWF) will be held on November 20th & 21st 2018 at the ExCeL London which will provide a broader focus across the data protection and privacy space amidst the progressive tightening of global data protection laws.
Ahead of the end of year event, DPWF has launched a series of intensive workshops.
Further information on the DPWF and workshop details are available at: https://www.dataprotectionworldforum.com/