The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018, and will impact every organisation that trades with any EU country.
The new regulations will disrupt how organisations: store, manage and process data. GDPR is the biggest shake-up in data protection for a generation.
These half-day and full-day courses provided by GDPR Summit London, offer a practical and efficient staff training programme, presenting staff of all levels with the knowledge, understanding and practical tools to implement and maintain GDPR compliant processes.
GDPR Staff Training Courses can be adapted to cater for all levels of seniority.
The Half Day Course covers:
- What are the new data protection principles?
- How it differs from the current laws (Data Protection Act)
- How does the GDPR define data controllers, data processors and data subjects?
- The impact on the organisation
- Key terminology
- Definitions of Data subjects / Controller and Processors
- Rights of the various parties
- Lawful data processing
- How must ‘consent’ be obtained under the new rules?
- Risks and threats / challenges and opportunities
- Roles and Responsibilities
- What will need to be included in a Privacy Notice?
- When must you undertake a Privacy Impact Assessment?
- Does GDPR make the appointment of a Data Protection Officer compulsory?
Following the morning agenda as above, the full day course will cover:
- Planning for compliance: Gap Analysis
- Practical Implications
- Privacy by Design
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Breach management
- What are the new notification rules in the event of a data breach?
- What are the new rights to prevent direct marketing or automatic decision-making?
- How must an organisation respond to subject access requests?
Tony is a legal practitioner with substantial experience in commercial and corporate law.
Tony brings a pragmatic legal perspective to data protection and has a solid knowledge of the practical implications of the GDPR having recently completed the GDPR Transition Programme at Henley Business School.
As our courses are bespoke and will be tailored to your needs additional subject matter expert instructors will be on hand to support your learning.
In addition to the training courses our services include board-level briefings, GDPR audits and GDPR health checks.
For more information and pricing please contact Leon@dataprotection.media or call 0203 315 3015